RE: UTF-8 and browsers

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 17:03:18 EST

Unicode font binding and display are different issues from UTF-8 support.
The latter just means that you can translate UTF-8 into Unicode and do
whatever you can do with the result. The browsers are handling more Unicode
every month. Using your example, on Windows 2000, IE 5 supports Armenian,
along with a number of other "new" languages.

Probably a clearer thread title for what you're talking about is "Unicode
and browsers". It's a rapidly evolving story...

Thanks
Murray