Re: UTF-8 and browsers

From: David Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 02:22:14 EST

At 10/30/98 3:17 PM, Mark H. David (mhd@world.std.com) wrote:

>What good is it if there is worldscript. Netscape and IE don't support it.
>I have Hebrew worldscript installed, but when I view Hebrew in UTF8, it shows
>garbage characters. I see no discernable improvement in support for
>Hebrew Unicode in 8.5. Does anyone?

Navigator and IE support WorldScript II (CJK). They do not support
WorldScript I.

The Mac OS can't force an application to support WorldScript I. If you
want Hebrew support in IE or Navigator, you need to contact Microsoft and
Netscape. We at Apple can't do anything about it.

Sorry,

David Goldsmith
International and Text Department Architect
Apple Computer, Inc.
goldsmith@apple.com