RE: How Many Scripts?

From: Peter Westlake (peter@harlequin.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 05:25:29 EST

It's a non-trivial encoding, though. You can't just change the
display font. There's a lot of processing to go from print to
Braille, and there is more than one Braille representation of
a given piece of text, because there are different levels of
contraction and abbreviation. Even transcribing ASCII characters
into the equivalent Braille characters can be done in different
ways, because different countries have different ways of
representing the non-alpha symbols.

Peter.