RE: converters

From: Lori Brownell (loribr@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Nov 18 1998 - 13:23:42 EST

If you're using NT4 and install the IE4 product that is enabled for Arabic,
then you can use the MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte Win32 APIs
to convert code points from ISO-8859-6 to Unicode then from Unicode to
UTF-8. Use code page numbers 28596 for 8859-6 and 65001 or CP_UTF8 for the
UTF-8 in your API calls. There is a conversion utility called UCONVERT,
along with source code, in the Win32 SDK that will do these types of
conversions.

If you have any troubles, let me know.

Lori Brownell (mailto:loribr@microsoft.com)
Group Program Manager - Windows OS Division
Microsoft Corp.