Draft of new JIS extended Kanji character set

From: Hiro Yoshioka (HYOSHIOK@us.oracle.com)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 17:02:01 EST

Hi,

Draft of new JIS extended Kanji character set is released and being
reviewed by public.

http://jcs.aa.tufs.ac.jp/jcs/pubrev/index.htm (written in Japanese)

The draft defines about 4K Kanji and 630 symbols.

I just browsed the draft and found many Kanji characters (about
450 - 500) are not defined in UCS (Unicode).

The draft also defines the code points of symbols which are not the
same as the current MS/NEC/IBM implementations.

I would like to know your position regarding the draft.
How do you support/implement the draft, or just wait until the Unicode
incorporates the standard, etc.

Is there any volunteer to make a code table from the draft? The draft
is written in Japanese pdf but I don't have a tool converting pdf to
text.

Regards,
  Hiro

--