Re: locale-*independent* vi editor supporting UTF-8

From: Trond Trosterud (Trond.Trosterud@hum.uit.no)
Date: Thu Nov 26 1998 - 05:14:12 EST

> Jungshik Shin
> Well, I thought I made myself clear. I'm NOT interested in
>locale-DEPENDENT UTF-8 support in vi whether it's under Solaris 2.6/7 or
>some other OS(I guess AIX 4 has one, too). If that's my interest, I
>wouldn't have asked the question in the first place. What I'm looking
>for is locale-INDEPENDENT vi supporting UTF-8 which can be run even
>under Unix with POSIX locale only.

This is, in essence, the discussion I raised a couple of weeks ago, with
few concrete answers (Apple asked me to wait for ATSUI in os 8.5).

Trond.

Trond Trosterud t +47 7764 4763
Lingvistisk institutt, Det humanistiske fakultet h +47 7767 3639
N-9037 Universitetet i Tromsų, Noreg f +47 7764 4239
mailto:trond@isl.uit.no http://www2.isl.uit.no/trond/index.html