Unicode extension of the remaining X11 fixed fonts

From: Markus Kuhn (Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 05 1998 - 17:43:41 EST

Since the 6x13.bdf font is now complete, I have started to create ISO
10646-1 versions of 11 more X11 public domain fonts. So far, all these
fonts contain the union of ISO 8859 parts 1 and 7, and some of them also
cover ISO 8859-15, CP1252, ISO 8859-8, or JIS X 0201.

The goal is to first extend all these fonts to a CP1252 repertoire and
then work towards WGL4 coverage, plus whatever else people want to
contribute. I will certainly not have the time to extend all these fonts
to a 3000 character repertoire like with 6x13, but I will be very happy
to coordinate a group of volunteers who want to contribute arbitrary
large pieces.

The 12 ISO 10646-1 fonts, plus auxiliary files that describe what is in
them and what is still missing, are available as usual from

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs-fonts.html

Have a look and see whether you can help.

Markus