UTF-8 character list

From: medavis2@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 15:25:51 EST

For my own use, I dumped an abbreviated version of the Unicode character
database into UTF-8, so that I can see the characters in the fields with my
browser. I posted it on http://www.macchiato.com/mark/unicode/UTF8List.htm
in case anyone else is interested.

It is a simple formatted list, to avoid the overhead of a huge table. The
page is marked as UTF-8, so the browser should pick up the right encoding.
If not, you can override it with the following menus.

IE: View>Fonts>UTF-8
Nav: View>Encoding>UTF-8

If your browser doesn't have a Unicode font as the default when viewing
UTF-8, you can set it with:

Nav: Edit>Preference>Appearance>Fonts
IE: (not sure how to do this in IE)

Accessible Unicode fonts that I know of are: Lucida Sans Unicode, CyberBit,
and DynaFont.

Mark
___
Mark Davis, Program Director