Re: Conversion term: triangulation

From: Gary Roberts (gar@sandiegoca.ncr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 17:16:40 EST

I can't say I care much for the term `triangulation' in this context.
It brings to my mind the idea of using observation from three sites to
determine the position of something. In my part of NCR, we tend to say
that we use Unicode as a pivot for translation.

In my machine translation days, the analogue would be called an
interlingual approach. By the way, Unicode appears much appreciated
in the machine translation community. I observe that it is the best
`Interlingual' I know of for not losing important information.

                                *