Printer that can handle Unicode fonts

From: David J. Perry (perryd2@csi.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 19:56:42 EDT

Since I've been working with some Unicode fonts, I have found that my HP
DeskJet 722C won't print any characters above 255 in a font; it substitutes
a lower-order character for anything in a font above that point. This
happens with Unicode fonts from three different sources, so I'm sure the
problem lies in the printer/printer driver. (My LaserJet 4, on the other
hand, prints large Unicode fonts without complaint--go figure.) So I'm in
the market for a printer.

Can anyone recommend a decent inkjet that he/she knows won't have this
problem? I would rather not buy something and then have to take it back
and try to explain to the office store clerk (who has never heard of
Unicode) why I need to return it . . .

Thanks -- David