Re: Camion Code, new phonemic writing system

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 16:23:39 EDT

Hm. On the one hand I sympathize with spelling reform movements, but the
more severe the reform the more it cuts people off from their history.

As to encoding in Unicode, I repeat what others have said... Unicode doesn't
encode things speculatively "as a means of encouraging [their] use". If
Camion were to be encoded for such a purpose, then I'm sure we'd soon hear
from the Klingon High Command and the Foovian Embassy, both sadly neglected
constituencies.

        Rick