Re: Morse

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 01:51:41 EDT

At 12:11 -0700 9/15/1999, Kenneth Whistler wrote:
>John Cowan suggested:
>
> > Perhaps we need two new characters for Unicode 4.0,
> > MORSE SIGNAL DIT and MORSE SIGNAL DAH.
>
>Or, knowing the predilection of some in the character encoding
>business to precomposed wholes, rather than combining, we
>should also include:
>
>MORSE SIGNAL DIT DIT

In the parlance of the trade, that's

MORSE SIGNAL DIDIT

>MORSE SIGNAL DIT DIT DIT

...DIDIDIT

>MORSE SIGNAL DIT DAH

...DIDAH

>MORSE SIGNAL DIT DAH DIT

DIDAH DIT

>MORSE SIGNAL DAH DIT

STET

>MORSE SIGNAL DAH DAH DIT

STET

>MORSE SIGNAL DAH DIT DAH DIT

...DAH DIDAH DIT

>MORSE SIGNAL DAH DEE DAH DEE HOW DEE DOO

BIBBEDY BOBBEDY BOO

>plus a bunch of compatibility equivalences.
>
>--Ken

NADHIN DHINNA SHAKALAKABOOMALAKA WOBOSKEEWATNDATN NANA NANA BOOM
(cf. "Yoda", by W. A. Yankovic)

--
Ed Cherlin <edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu>
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when