Virus Mail

From: Sarasvati (root)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 19:15:09 EST

Darlings...

Amazing Fact of the Day:

The most widespread virus on computers these days
is the Shrieking Panic Message telling everyone about
the latest new e-mail virus that's going to wipe out
all sentient life in the universe as we think we know it
and make Earth uninhabitable for innocent machines.

Please, please refrain from sending even ONE teeny tiny
mail message about that new computer virus to the Unicode
list, even if you're just telling us why we received the
previous viral capsule in the "check this" message.
I know that sometimes you're trying to help everyone,
but PLEASE resist the urge to tell us all about it.

And also please resist the urge toward a flurry of
a further flurry of such responses, and then before
you know it, you'll all be talking about viruses and
ignoring the important, burning issues of the age.

When in doubt, please find a strait jacket, and while
you're getting your significant other to tighten it
comfortably around you, see above regarding the
Amazing Fact of the Day.

Cheery regards from your effervescent,

        -- Sarasvati