Re: ISO10646-1 XLFD registration

From: John Cowan (
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 09:17:02 EDT

Dan Oscarsson wrote:
> So the Unicode hackers have finally succeded to destroy ISO 10646.
> Just because Unicode made the bad decision to limit their character
> coding to 16 bits does not mean that we have to limit the available
> space for characters to less than 31 bits.

Quatsch. Just what were you planning to use the additional 2 146 369 536
characters for? You don't know, and neither does anyone else.

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <> Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)