Omega TeX & Tifinagh (was Re: Layout of Unicode 3.0 book...)

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 01:56:48 EDT

At 2:01 AM -0800 4/4/2000, Michael Everson wrote:
>Ar 00:38 -0800 2000-04-04, scríobh Juliusz Chroboczek:
>
> >Out of the box, Omega currently supports Latin, Greek, Cyrillic,
> >Arabic, Hebrew, Tifinagh and maths. However, it has been designed to
> >be extremely extensible, and you should get enthusiastic support and
> >help from the authors.
>
>Tifinagh is not encoded in the UCS. I have published the only discussion
>documents on it. I would like more information on the Omega implementation.
>
>Michael Everson ** Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.egt.ie
>15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire/Ireland
>Vox +353 1 478 2597 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Mob +353 86 807 9169
>27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn; Baile an Bhóthair; Co. Átha Cliath; Éire

The Omega TeX Tifinagh looks a lot better than the other two samples
of Tifinagh I've seen. Their font designer does beautiful work in
other scripts as well.

I'm sure the whole crew will be delighted to talk to you. I met them
at a Unicode conference in San Jose some years ago, where they were
trying to attract a little attention. I steered them to Don Knuth,
who was also attending.

Talk to Dominik Wujastyk, also. I believe he has tried Omega TeX. You
have his listings of (2 or more)-script versions of TeX, I trust?

Edward Cherlin
Generalist
"A knot!" exclaimed Alice. "Oh, do let me help to undo it."
Alice in Wonderland