RE: Double Byte enabled

From: Paul Dempsey (paulde@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 22:11:01 EDT

off-topic...

The DBCS interview question isn't asked so much anymore, I hear.

My personal favorite question has been to describe composed/decomposed
characters then ask the poor applicant to outline how you implement
searching, do the equivalence right, and do it efficiently. Unless they've
seen the problem before (unlikely in current undergrad curricula), it really
sorts out the chaff. The one question usually takes the entire technical
part of the interview.

I'm not giving anything away because I don't know anyone else who asks this
one (or can do it), and I'm not doing any more interviews :-).

--- Paul Chase Dempsey
Microsoft Visual Studio Text Editor Development