Re: character names (questions)

From: Markus Scherer (
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 12:04:42 EDT

I had the same questions last year and found the answers in the documents that were pointed out to you.
If you like, you can have a look at my implementation for what you want to do at (especially generateAlgorithmicData()) which implements all of this.

This generates a data file for ICU ( that uses it for the u_charName() API (see icu/source/common/unicode/uchar.h). The data structures and file format are ready for 21-bit code points.

You can, of course, also just use ICU instead of doing it yourself... :-)