RE: UTF-8 code in HTML

From: Yves Arrouye (yves@realnames.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 17:16:54 EDT

> For #1, by coincidence I had just posted a page at
> http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/charts.html that gives
> UTF-8, UTF-16, and UTF-32 values with a code chart.
>
> Unfortunately, Deborah reported that it does not work with IE
> on the Mac. I don't know whether that is a problem with the
> JavaScript in the chart, or with the Mac IE.

IE 4.5 and up (4.51, 5.0) have JavaScript broken on some people's machines
running Mac OS 9 (that includes mine, unfortunately). Some Mac OS 9 machines
have it working, some not, and it looks like it's a mistery as why.

YA.

(If a reader knows how to fix that, I'd appreciate a private response a
lot!)