Re: UTF-8 code in HTML

From: Mark Davis (markdavis@ispchannel.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 22:58:04 EDT

Thanks, Tex. I tried changing the script to drop the style:

body { font-family: Arial Unicode MS; }

Still works fine on IE. The problem is that when I do drop the style, NN defaults to some other font, one that doesn't contain any international characters. Even if I go to the preference menu and explicitly set the font for Unicode to Arial Unicode MS, and go to the view menu and explicitly set the encoding to UTF-8, the page containing the chart generated by Javascript seems to ignore the preference font.

Do any of the Netscape guys know what is happening? Here is a fragment of the generated source for the chart page:

 <head>
  <!--
  td { font-size: 150%; text-align: Center }
  th { font-size: 90%; background-color: #CCFFFF; }
  .b { color: #FFFFFF; }
  tt { font-size: 40%; }
  -->
 </head>