Re: ITA Characters

From: Steven Brent (sbrent@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 20:57:45 EDT

I see that the non-romanic Shavian alphabet was accepted for inclusion in
the surrogate areas. There is a link between the genesis of Pitman's ITA and
Shaw's alphabet, although their purposes were distinct.

ITA would probably require only 8 additional consonant characters and 14
additional vowel characters on top of standard Latin codes. I'm not sure
about the handling of the capitalized forms which are identical but somewhat
enlarged.

The question is where to put the 22 codes. As they are still considered to
be Latin-based, would it be acceptable to add to one of the Latin extended
blocks?

What are the unification problems?