Re: Seeking Users of Normalization Forms D and KD

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 19:15:27 EDT

The "K" forms of the normalization, whether KD or KC indiscriminantly throw
away information. When preparing TR 20 I initially thought that the
information in question would be easily captured in style markup, but when
I really did the work, it turned out that there are many instances where
it's not worth the effort to get it right, and other instances where it
runs counter to the way the encoded entities are intended to be used.

A./

PS: Incidentally, the *public* draft version of TR 20 that is accessible at
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr20 is by now quite out of date and
will soon be replaced with a new version.