Re: Japan opposes any proposals

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov (
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 19:39:26 EDT

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 09:09:37 -0800, Gunther Schadow wrote:

> I need some people to help me out with an issue that Japanese people
> took with Unicode.

You might be interested in the following news positngs:

Remove the '&fmt=text' trailer to be able to naviage through the

The discussion is about MULE, multilingual support for GNU emacs
implemented in Japan and why MULE should eat flaming death and die
horribly and publicly - for everyone's edification of how not to do

The second article gives an interesting suggestion why Unicode might
be "alien" for Japanese users.

SY, Uwe

--                         |       Zu Grunde kommen            |       Ist zu Grunde gehen