Unicode 3 in Japanese? (was Re: Japan loves UNICODE)

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 22:44:52 EDT

At 4:24 PM -0800 4/27/2000, Hiro Yoshioka wrote:
> "A. Vine" wrote:
> > Many of the questions sent to the Unicode list are clearly answered in the
> > book. It makes me wonder if some folks are bothering to read it.

Unfortunately, you have to read it with the mind of a programmer to
extract the full information. A more popular account may be needed.

>If not, how
> > are we to communicate what Unicode is?
>
>My recommendation is
>
>Translate the Unicode 3.0 in Japanese as soon as possible.

Are you volunteering? :)

>I would like to have a Unicode 3.0 Japanese version, 2000 yen :-)

Dream on. From what I know of the Japanese publishing business,
you'll be lucky to see it at 10,000 yen. :(

>Regards,
> Hiro
>--
>Hiro Yoshioka/Principal Engineer
>mailto:hyoshiok@jp.oracle.com (office)
>http://www.best.com/~yoshioka/d/98/
>The statements, views and opinions expressed here are my own
>and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation

Edward Cherlin
Generalist
"A knot!" exclaimed Alice. "Oh, do let me help to undo it."
Alice in Wonderland