Re: whitespace problem

From: Timothy Partridge (timpart@perdix.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 11:32:30 EDT

Mark Davis wrote

> You should look at the Unicode Character Database on
> www.unicode.org

> Tristan Rybak wrote:

> > Hello
> > I have another problem with my string class...
> > How can I find out if unicode character is white space or
> > not?
> > please help!

While I agree with Mark's reply, I'll answer your question
with another question.

Why do you want to know which characters are white space?
If it is connected with finding ends of words or looking for
somewhere to break a line, the various writing systems
and cultural conventions worldwide make this process far more
complex than in English.
The Unicode Standard and technical reports give useful
guidance on this.

   Tim