Unicode trivia

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 12:13:05 EDT

This is pure trivia, and possibly of no interest to anyone, but I
thought I'd waste a few e-mail bits on it.

Recently while writing a C program that reads UnicodeData.txt, I needed
to determine the longest character name. The winner (83 characters):

U+FBF9 ARABIC LIGATURE UIGHUR KIRGHIZ YEH WITH HAMZA ABOVE WITH ALEF
        MAKSURA ISOLATED FORM

Which leads naturally to the next question... what is the shortest
character name? There are 5 tied at 3 characters each:

U+22BB XOR
U+22BD NOR
U+2312 ARC
U+2609 SUN