Re: Glyph ordering

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 13:40:26 EDT

Well, this certainly provoked a flurry of responses that I did not expect.
Originally, I was not speaking of any specific approach, but simply felt that
the discussion was giving the impression that characters were under
discussion, and not glyphs.

The original message was a result of receiving private email from someone who
upon seeing this discussion, essentially said "I thought you said characters
and glyphs were different things."

There are days, like today, when the complexities of the situation make me
want to shout "Enough!" and go off to look for simpler answers (or go home and
sleep) :-)
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab Not every problem someone has with his
New Mexico State University girlfriend is necessarily due to the
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL capitalist mode of production.
Las Cruces, NM 88003 -- Herbert Marcuse