Re: EUC Support in ICU

From: brendan_murray@lotus.com
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 09:47:03 EDT

"Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com> wrote:
> Could someone from the ICU fan club explain why ICU supports conversions
> to/from EUC-KR but seems not to support EUC-JP? It's true that the
latter
> is more complicated than the former, but I would think that EUC-JP is
the
> most important of the EUC encodings.

It might have been more appropriate to post this to the ICU mailing lists.
However, to answer your question, it's on its way - it's simply that
there's so much to do and so little time. Since it's obviously important
to you, perhaps you might be willing to contribute to the opensourceness
of this project and provide an EUC-JP converter so the world in general,
and the ICU fans in particular, might be able to support the unreadable
mass of EUC-JP data.

B=