Re: Digit names; hex characters?

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine.Leca@renault.fr)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 12:50:59 EDT

Robert Lozyniak wrote:

> Should we have characters called "HEXADECIMAL DIGIT TEN" thru "FIFTEEN"?
> This would be so I can see them written as A thru F, a Greek or Russian
> would see them in her letters, etc.

Please, can you tell me what should be the glyph for HEXADECIMAL DIGIT FIFTEEN
in a Greek context? digamma? stigma? even if both do not currently appear
in Greek fonts... Or using the plain old Greek numeral scheme, which will
be to use iota-epsilon?
I am sure similar problems can occur with collating orders of Cyrillic,
depending of the language).
And in Arabic (and perhaps Hebrew) context, should these >9 digits be ordered
from left to right, or from right to left?

Can of worms, can of worms...

Antoine