Re: FW: utf8 on Sun Solaris 7

From: Ienup Sung (ienup.sung@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 14:25:04 EDT

Hello,

Would you please let me know the original question? Without it, it will be
very hard to answer.

With regards,

Ienup

PS. Just in case, if you installed Solaris 7 and chose "Developer System
Support", "Entire Distribution", or "Entire Distribution plus OEM support"
during the installation/upgrade, your installed system should have all
necessary files for the Unicode locale already. (In other words, if you choose
"End User System Support" or "Core System Support" during the Solaris 7
installation, that are very unlikely choice for a server system,
you will not have the Unicode locale support. This has been changed at
Solaris 8 such that unless you choose "Core System Support" during
the installation, the system will have the Unicode locale.)