Re: Cyrillic extensions proposal

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov (uwe@ptc.spbu.ru)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 19:09:00 EDT

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 04:33:39 -0800, Michael Everson wrote:

> N2224 Archaic Komi Cyrillic characters for the BMP of the UCS
> http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2224.pdf
>
> Contains proof of 16 of the characters from the TC46 non-Slavic Cyrillic
> standard and a request that they be added to the UCS.

I would *strongly* urge any further work on Cyrillic to be conducted
in coordination with Alexander Berdnikov who have collected a lot of
info on Cyrillic scripts in the xUSSR while working on TeX's T2
encoding. He contacted almost all available experts in various xUSSR
organizations and I don't think anyone else have all that information.

He gave a talk on EuroTeX'99 about his work on T2, but I don't have
URL handy - EuroTeX'99 archives should carry his paper in PS. Look in
vicinity of <http://uk.tug.org/EuroTeX-99/Proposals/>.

His address used to be <berd@ianin.spb.su>, though now I can see him
mostly post from FidoNET. I'll try to reach him ASAP.

SY, Uwe