Re: Pictograms

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 01:14:04 EDT

At 11:26 AM 6/14/00 -0800, Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> > I wonder if people might like to discuss the possibility that the place to
> > search for standardized illustrations should be a web site operated by the
> > unicode organization.
>
>I think it is unlikely that the Unicode Technical Committee would want
>to take on anything like that. That is the distributed responsibility
>of thousands of independent archivists around the world who want to
>maintain online archives of such documents for public use.

I am interested in collecting information on existing standardized lists of
symbols,
their application and user community, in order to get a start on
identifying those sets that would indeed be appropriate for plain text coding.

Please send me information *offline*.

A./

PS: I'm not so interested in just getting information about the name of or
the existence of a particular collection. I do need at least a pointer to a
list or other means to follow up to get the full information.