Re: Landmark name format

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 13:45:10 EDT

Antoine Leca wrote:

> And my girlfriend was to laugh loudly, because she cannot
> imagine Paris anywhere outside France. I am sure that every people in the
> U.S.A., on the other hand, certainly can imagine other places...

A brief check turns up ten localities named "Paris" in the U.S., of which
the best known is probably Paris, Texas. (It has at least been arranged
that no two post offices in a given state have the same name.) In addition,
there are three New Parises, a Paris Crossing, a South Paris, and even
a St. Paris....

(Details: Paris AR ID IL KY ME MO MS OH TN TX, New Paris IN OH PA, Paris
Crossing IN, South Paris ME, Saint Paris OH.)

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com> Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)