Re: Reply-To mess opinion [was Re: Unicode on a non-Unicode

From: John Wilcock (john@tradoc.fr)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 03:18:46 EDT

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 04:39:22 -0800 (GMT-0800), Harald Alvestrand
wrote:
> I have the opposite experience from Simon Hill: Most reply-to munging lists
> get regular complaints, those that don't do it don't want it.

My experience is that the complaints arise when the list
*systematically* adds a Reply-To, overwriting any reply-to that may
have been set by the sender.

Lists which add a Reply-To if and only if the original message *does
not* contain this header are, in my experience, trouble-free.

John.

--
-- Over 1200 webcams from ski resorts around the world - http://www.tradoc.fr/john/webcams/
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - http://www.tradoc.fr/en/