Re: [idn] nameprep forbidden characters

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 13:45:18 EDT

Not just there, but certainly for languages such as Turkish that have
different casing rules for the letter "I" (lots of other languages, like
Latin Azeri). Without a fuzzy searching logic, some strings would never be
found!

AFAIK these are not forbidden characters, but since I and i cannot always be
said to be the same letter, the argument of a case-insensitive plan will
quickly run into issues similar to that of the forbidden characters.

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/