Re: Cyrillic problems,

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 14:05:02 EDT

Hello Magnus,

The problem here is that VB's forms package and most of its controls are not
Unicode enabled. Thus anything not on the default system code page will be
converted to a question mark.

The only real workaround for this is a Unicode control, such as the MS Forms
controls (which cannot be redistributed), various 3rd party rich edit
controls, or an owner draw control (like the one I include in my book --
link below). Excuse the slightly shameless plug, if there were other answers
I would give them, too. :-)

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/