RE: New Name Registry Using Unicode

From: Yves Arrouye (yves@realnames.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 14:21:01 EDT

> The people doing this are www.xns.org and www.onename.com.
> One needs to
> visit their sites and read their "white papers" to get a full
> picture of
> what the purpose is and how they are using the standards.

Note that there are other naming initiatives, including the one driven by my
company, RealNames, which was presented at the 16th Unicode Conference. See
http://www.internetkeywords.org/iuc/realnames-iuc16-paper.htm which contains
both a paper and my presentation slides, linked from the Unicode Web site
(http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc16/papers.html).

Lastly, people interested in naming may want to check out CNRP, an IETF
protocol for the resolution of common names, at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/cnrp-charter.html.

YA