Re: Microsoft Office 2001 Mac

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 01:58:44 EDT

At 7:15 AM -0800 10/10/00, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
>Has anyone tried Microsoft Office 2001 for the Mac yet? Can anyone
>comment on whether it brings the Mac version of Office up to parity
>with the Windows version for handling Unicode and text in multiple
>non-Western character sets like Arabic, Chinese, and Devanagari?
>MacOS 9 includes support and fonts for all this, but so far Word 98
>can't take advantage of it.
>--

Eh? I can type in all of the Apple Language kits I have installed in
Word 6.0.1 (and Eudora 4.7, but I'll spare you this time) under OS 9.

That means

CE
Cyrillic
Arabic RTL
Hebrew RTL
Devanagari
Gurmukhi
Gujarati
Chinese T
Chinese S
Japanese
Korean
Extended Roman
Unicode Hex

I suppose I should install some more...

--

Edward Cherlin, Spamfighter <http://www.cauce.org> "It isn't what you don't know that hurts you, it's what you know that ain't so."--Mark Twain, or else some other prominent 19th century humorist and wit