problem with shift_jis

From: Raghu Kolluru (raghu.kolluru@dig.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 12:56:53 EDT

My email delivery programs works with most of the charsets but not with
shift_jis.
Here are the steps that I do,
1) I get a text file from Japan which as the content in the encoded charset.
2) I paste this content in web based UI and store it in SQL server
3) Then I send it out with appropriate content header.

This works fine with big5,euc-jp, etc but not with shift_jis.
Maybe this is got to do with encoding, I also tried to read the content from
the file instead of pasting and sending via http. It didnt work but looked
better(I dont know why it should).

Any help?
RK