Re: Number separators

From: James E. Agenbroad (jage@loc.gov)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 08:44:42 EST

                                             Tuesday, October 31, 2000
You probably should check out what's done in India. The call hundred
thousands "crores" and have a name I don't recall for tens of millions.
I don't recall how they punctuate them but think it's not in triplets as
is done in the U.S.

     Regards,
          Jim Agenbroad ( jage@LOC.gov )
     The above are purely personal opinions, not necessarily the official
views of any government or any agency of any.
Phone: 202 707-9612; Fax: 202 707-0955; US mail: I.T.S. Dev.Gp.4, Library
of Congress, 101 Independence Ave. SE, Washington, D.C. 20540-9334 U.S.A.