Re: TXT file that displays actual Unicode characters only

From: Frank da Cruz (fdc@columbia.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 10:44:10 EST

> In looking at the Unicode Consortium site, I see a variety of txt and html
> files that give a description of characters in different unicode blocks, but
> I have not yet found a text, doc, or html file that simply contains the
> actual unicode characters, either in the standard's entirety, or by
> blocks. In other words, I am looking for a file that would require a unicode
> font installed on my system to correctly display the characters it
> contains. If anyone could point me to such a file on this, or another site,
> I would be most appreciative.

You might find the following program useful:

  ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/charsets/utf8.c

This turns the Unicode database, or any selected range of it, into a
a file that also contains the UTF-8 representation of each character, suitable
for display with a Unicode font. A copy of the Unicode character database is
required as input.

- Frank