Ethiopian Time Locale Demonstrator

From: Daniel Yacob (unicode@abyssiniacybergateway.net)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 10:52:26 EST

Greetings,

I discovered the wonderful "FreeType" tools this last weekend that
convert TT strings to images (PNG in this case) on the fly. I didn't
expect it to work with UTF8 but whoah and behold it does! I've applied
it to the LibEth Perl bindings to demonstrate time formatting options
under Ethiopian norms:

  http://www.geez.org/date-config.html

It is fairely rudementary now but as time allows in the coming weeks
I'll be adding more languages and typeface options, etc. A new fangled
web page hit counter is also on my mind..

cheers,

/Daniel