Re: Data entry in chosen language

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 00:38:19 EST

Ah, I see. It was your mention of "HTML textfield element" that made me
think browser.

Well, if you have a Unicode application, then your app can either support
any language the user switches to themselves, or APIs like
ActivateKeyboardLayout and LoadKeyboardLayout can be used by your app to do
the switching for them.

If you do not have a Unicode application, then the switching can still
happen, but it is likely to not be able to handle languages not on the
current default system code page.

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/