Re: Fwd: Kana and Case (was [totally OT] Unicode terminology)

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 17:40:46 EST

On 11/22/2000 04:06:59 PM Rick McGowan wrote:

>I suppose the bicameral name of this thing, U+30FC KATAKANA-HIRAGANA
PROLONGED
>SOUND MARK, is one of those Great Mysteries Buried in Time, the answer to
which
>only Dr. Whistler knows. (I would lay a handful of soft currency on the
truth
>of the proposition that there exists an ancient meeting document on yellow

>lined paper of the pre-Consortium Unicode Working Group which could shed
light
>on the question of this name,

And I, on the truth of the proposition that the aforementioned Dr. Whistler
could provide at least a summary of the contents of The Yellow Lined Paper
Manuscript and of the interpretations and reactions of said manuscript by
various parties, if not a facsimile or the original itself.

Peter