Re: Fwd: Kana and Case (was [totally OT] Unicode terminology)

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 18:38:00 EST

Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> ...The place you'll see this usage of the prolonged sound
> mark fairly frequently is in Japanese comics, which are rather
> loose and inventive in their use of spellings and "paraspellings"
> to convey tone of voice and other prosodic information.

Which brings up the question, when do we encode the
comic book (non-spacing) zig-zaggy-balloon-thingie that goes around
the text for pow!, biff#@!, bam%$#!, and shazam! ?

;-)
Tex

Tex Texin Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com +1-781-280-4271 Fax:+1-781-280-4655
Progress Software Corp. 14 Oak Park, Bedford, MA 01730

http://www.Progress.com #1 Embedded Database
http://www.SonicMQ.com #1 Performing JMS Messaging
http://www.ASPconnections.com #1 provider in the ASP marketplace
http://www.NuSphere.com Open Source software and services for