RE: Japanese @ in html

From: Bailly Manokl (mbailly@uchrony.be)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 12:05:48 EST

} -----Message d'origine-----
} De : George Zeigler [mailto:genz1968@mtu-net.ru]
} Envoyi : vendredi 24 novembre 2000 22:50
} @ : Unicode List
} Objet : Japanese @ in html
}
}
} Hello,
}
} my companies programmer can't seem to figure at what composes the
} character "@" in Japanese html text as seen in:
} http://www.dragon.co.jp/category/0318.html
}
} We copied this symbol from the Japanese text and copied the identical
} symbol from English text into Word. When viewed with the same
} Times NewRoman
} font for instance, there did seem to be a difference, which was
} weird. They
} both became identical when viewed with a Arial Unicode.
}
} He wants the code as seen in html with the "&" sign. Something like
} "&lkj" or whatever. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
}
} Thanks
} George

You can call a unicode characters with &#xHHHH; where HHHH is the unicode
number of the character in hexa or with &#DD; where DD is the decimal
number.

the usual unicode character for @ is x0040
the character used with japanese text @ is xFF20