RE: Reading Unicode codes from a text file in JSP (Was RE:posting of unicode data to servlet)

From: Sujit Sunthankar (sujit@cps.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 19:13:27 EST

Hi,

Just on another similar topic;

I am trying to define tags in Unicode and store them in an ascii file that I
wish to read from within the JSP to create the appropriate resulting HTML.
Thus if the user wishes to see the page in Japanese for eg. I want to read
the file called tags_jp.txt to create the page, and the file tags_jp.txt
will have Japanese character symbols in Unicode for each tag. The page
essentially is a data entry page. The tags are used to create prompts for
data entry fields. Thus rather than having indivdual JSP pages, I wish to
have only one JSP but multiple tag files.

I am quite new to Java, so could you advice as to ow I should access the
file and which class/methods should I use to read the file.

The tags file I wish to maintain will have the following structure:

tag_1 \uHHHH
tag_2 \uHHHH
etc.
etc.