[unicode] Spam spam spam spam spam

From: Sarasvati (root@unicode.org)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 12:09:20 EST

Well, well, we all live and learn. Today I learned a new
spamming tactic. First you subscribe to the list, then you
spam it. That is what lk89lk99@yahoo.com did to our list.
I am attempting to track down the precise technique by
which they automated this nefarious, bottom-feeding tactic.

Subscription is "open" on this list. I shall now try
a new subscription mode and request confirmation.

There is only so much that I can control in real-time,
you understand. Right now, I'm going to ban a few relays
from sending mail to our domain. And I have already
sent the offending spam back to Yahoo.

I will now make one request: When you see spam, please
do not contribute to the problem by telling the list that
someone sent spam!

Onward and upward, ever more anti-spammingly yours,
        -- Sarasvati