[unicode] OT (spam)

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 07:45:10 EST

Sorry if this appears off-topic, but I need to go 'hidden' as a subscriber
on this list because spamming has become such a problem for me I hardly get
to read Unicode mail, getting _big_daily_ postings from
<newsletter@infosdelared.com>, whose webmasters and postmasters ignore
appeals to stop sending spam in full colour magazine format, slowing down
my mail deliveries, for which, in Ireland, we have to pay by the minute for
dial-in, and in a language I cannot read -- Spanish -- so I couldn't have
subscribed to it, not even by accident.

Please bear with me while I ask a Standards question: is there no
maintenance agency for issuing DOT-COM addresses? Seems to me that there is
absolutely no control on either the issuing of or the abuse of DOT-COM
addresses. Other spam (virility aids, etc.) I can ignore, but this
persistent stuff freezes my mailer for x amount of time every day, costing
money I cannot afford on a daily basis.

As of now, I feel like sending my telephone bills to the DOT-COM Maintenace
Agency (if there is such a thing). Is there?
mg

--
Marion Gunn * Everson Gunn Teoranta
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn; Baile an Bhóthair; Áth Cliath; Éire (Ireland)