RE: Missing characters for Italian

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 14:53:40 EDT

Marco,

> John Cowan wrote:
> > Where did you get information on the UnicodeData of 3.2 characters?
> > I don't doubt your word, but I can't find any such information on the
> > site.
>
> Ooooooops...
>
> This file shows glyph, name, and decomposition:
>
> http://www.unicode.org/charts/draftunicode32/U32-2070.pdf
>
> About the General Category... Well... Sorry, I am afraid that I have dreamed
> of it!
>
> I saw that all the other properties were similar to U+207F ("SUPERSCRIPT
> LATIN SMALL LETTER N", decomposition "<super> 006E"), so I *guessed* that
> also the category had to be the same. Then, probably, I convinced myself
> that I read it somewhere.

From the current draft of the UnicodeData.txt additions under
review by the Unicode Technical Committee (and which was used, in
part, to generate draftunicode32/U32-2070.pdf):

2071;SUPERSCRIPT LATIN SMALL LETTER I;Ll;0;L;<super> 0069;;;;N;;;;;

You are correct that the properties are assigned by analogy to the
existing:

207F;SUPERSCRIPT LATIN SMALL LETTER N;Ll;0;L;<super> 006E;;;;N;;;;;

Unicode 3.2 has not yet reached a public beta stage, and won't
until after the Singapore WG2 meeting this fall. That accounts for
why no Unicode 3.2 data files have yet been posted for public
review.

--Ken