RE: New member - Arabic Help Needed

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 06:06:11 EDT

Julian Gardner wrote:
> I have just finished the implememntion of Arabic (06XX range) and the
> customer has now told me I need to get the joined arabic
> (FEXX) working.
> I have bought the book and trawled through numerous websites
> looking for
> information (source) on how the system works.

If you have read Chapter 8
(http://www.unicode.org/unicode/uni2book/ch08.pdf) and/or an introduction to
Arabic, you should have most of the information you need.

> Can somebody give me directions to either code or a really good
> description of this algorithm?

AFAIK, there is no description at all of the algorithm, apart what you read
in Chapter 8.

Roman Czyborra has a Perl implementation that could serve you as a base:

        http://czyborra.com/arabjoin/

_ Marco